The Summer Holidays are here and with help from mums all over the UK, I have been able to put together this blog full of top tips and outing ideas. Excuse the to the point and unusual serious tone of this blog post, but surviving the Summer Holidays unscathed can be serious business sometimes. 😉
1. Get Organised: Get out those diaries and calendars and book dates. Play dates, outings, camp days and even days in, knowing where you are each day helps to make the holidays feel less stretched out. If you have a group of friends why not organise a play day rota so that each of you gets a day off. Stick your plan on the fridge so everyone knows whats happing over the Summer.
2. Book it: If you are thinking of summer camp, theatre trips or fun park outings then book it now!. Fun stuff and special activities do tend to get booked out very quickly, so make some time to book these in advance to avoid disappointment.
3. Pack it: Make up a small summer bag filled with sun cream, Sun hats (preferably brightly coloured), spare clothes, empty drinks bottle and a small towel. Add snacks to your summer bag the night before so that only fresh sandwiches or salads needs to be added in the morning.
4. Plan it: Whether you are going out or staying in make sure you have a rough plan for the day. If staying in, organise some activities like crafts, games or baking, a Rainy Day Box can help with this. If going out plan your trips according to the weather, make meeting arrangements the night before and pack your snacks into your summer bag.
5. Annual Passes: At the start of the holidays plan a few trips to attractions offering annual passes. You can use your annual passes throughout the rest of the summer holidays and also for future school holidays.
We asked you for your favourite family places to visit in the holidays that offered an annual pass, here is a list compiled from all your recommendations:
- The Depp Hull
- Chester Zoo
- Blue Planet Aquarium
- Ellesmere Port Waterways Museum
- Paultons Park (Peppa Pig World)
- Wildwood Trust
- Plymouth Aquarium
- Marwell Zoo
- Eden Project
- Leeds Castle
- Kent Life
- Gullivers Theme Park (Milton Keynes)
- Colchester Zoo
- National Space Centre
- Think Tank
- Alton Towers (Merlin Pass)
- West Midlands Safari and Leisure Park (1 free return with ticket )
- Sea Life Birmingham (Merlin Pass)
- London Transport Museum
- London Dungeons (Merlin Pass)
- Madam Tussauds (Merlin Pass)
We hope you have a great Summer, don’t forget our fab activity boxes are here to help KEEP KIDS BUSY