“Nature is a tool to get children to experience not just the wider world, but themselves.” – Stephen Moss
With the warmer weather and the brighter days, we’re all bound to be excited about spending some more time outside.
It’s time to sprinkle some adventure into our summer with some outdoor play and a scavenger hunt! Explore, search and spot your way around your next outing with our superbly fun nature scavenger hunt.
What You’ll Need:
- Scavenger Hunt Checklist (ages 3-5)
- Scavenger Hunt Checklist (ages 5-8)
- A crayon or a colouring pencil
Whether your kids are little or slightly older and more independent, we’ve devised two downloadable checklists for littles aged 3-5 or bigger kids aged 5-8.
There are so many reasons to love a scavenger hunt;
- It’s a great way to liven up your walk and learn about the world around us.
- It helps kids interact with their surroundings and enjoy the moment.
- Best of all, there’s little to no preparation, so busy mums and dads can grab the scavenger hunt list and go.
With our scavenger hunt checklist, we’ve also provided some thought-provoking questions for older kids to help them reflect on their experience and share their ideas.
Use the scavenger hunt as a solo activity to keep little minds occupied or use it as a fun activity for group outings and let little ones work together to complete the checklist.
Want To Mix It Up?
Anyone can have fun on a scavenger hunt, and there are plenty of ways to mix up your scavenger hunt to keep it fresh and exciting.
- Instead of colouring in the checklist, try collecting some of the items and creating a collage with your finds.
- Get snap happy and get little ones to take a picture of what they find instead of colouring in the checklist.
Ready for some fresh air, sunshine and a new adventure? Grab your SPF, put on your walking shoes and go for a scavenger hunt today.
If you’re looking for more kids activity ideas to keep kids occupied over the upcoming summer holidays, click on the link and take a look at our blog. Let us know how you get on with your nature scavenger hunt by tagging us in your pictures @therainydayboxco on Facebook or @rainydaybox on Instagram.