We can’t believe it’s almost June already, but that means one thing: it’s time to celebrate our brilliant Dads!!
If you’re looking for something to help make the ‘World’s Best Dad’ title official, then look no further than our Best Dad Biscuits – they’re a tasty treat for any dad with a sweet tooth.
Ready? Let’s go!
Baking with minis aged 3-5? If you’re looking for an easier project for your mini, try buying shortbread rounds and skip ahead to step 6 to create your rosettes and decorate your biscuits.
– 125g softened unsalted butter
– 55g caster sugar
– 180g plain flour
– 120g icing sugar
– Yellow food colouring
– 2-3 tbsp milk
– Sprinkles and toppings of your choice to decorate
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5
2) Mix the butter and sugar until smooth
3) Add the flour and mix using your hands. Form the dough into a rough ball.
4) On a lightly floured work surface, turn out your dough and roll it out until it’s about 1cm thick.
Jayne’s Top Tip: If the dough is difficult to roll out, wrap it in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 40-45 minutes, then try rolling it out.
5) Cut 8-10cm rounds, place on a lined baking tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool.
6) Add a few drops of yellow food colouring to the icing sugar and stir in a tbsp of milk at a time until you have a thick icing glaze.
7) Take your ribbon and cut it into 20cm strips. Take each strip and fold them in the middle. On the back of your biscuit, add a small blob of icing and stick the ribbon where you created the fold.
Jayne’s Top Tip: Want to turn your biscuits into medals? Cut your ribbon into 50cm strips and use icing to glue the two ends of the ribbon to the back of the biscuits.
8) Cover the front of your biscuits with icing and add your choice of decorations, then let the icing set.
9) Once your icing has set, why not make some extra icing in a different colour to pipe a special message onto your biscuits.
You’re now ready to present your dad with his official award as the World’s Best Dad!
These delicious biscuits are a fun way to spend an afternoon and are a great way to show dad just how much he’s loved.
Have a wonderful Father’s Day!
Don’t forget to check out more of our arts and crafts blogs on the Rainy Day Box website.